How can I obtain an ex-parte/Order of Protection?

Certain criteria must be met in order to obtain an Ex Parte Order of Protection. First, the person wanting the order (Petitioner) and the person being served (Respondent) must be at least 18 years of age. Second, both Petitioner and Respondent must have a physical address. Third, the order can be filed in:

  1. The county of residence of either party
  2. The county of the abuse
  3. The county of the respondent's place of employment

If the criteria are met, the petitioner must go to the Circuit Court, Division IV to apply for the protection order. Division IV is located at:

203 N High Street
Suite 129
Jackson, MO 63755

Phone: 573-335-8253

Show All Answers

1. How can I file a complaint against an officer?
2. How can I commend an officer?
3. I need to be fingerprinted for employment purposes. Can that be done at your department?
4. Who should I report a crime to?
5. When should I call 911?
6. If I have a problem but it's not an emergency, whom should I call?
7. How can I check to see if there is a registered sex offender living in my area?
8. How can I obtain an ex-parte/Order of Protection?
9. What do I do if a police officer turns on his lights and siren to stop me?
10. I was issued a traffic ticket. Where do I go to pay it?
11. Where are the local courthouses located?
12. Can I request extra patrol in my neighborhood?
13. We will be leaving on vacation. Does the department provide increased patrol around our residence while we're out-of-town?
14. What happens after I file a written report about an incident?
15. How do I obtain a copy of an accident report?
16. How can I obtain a copy of a police report?
17. Do I have to wait 24 hours before I can report a person missing?
18. I reported a crime but the officer has not called me back. What can I expect?
19. I left a message for an officer to call me back but he has not returned my calls. What should I do?
20. I called to report drug information but nothing happened? Why was my information not acted upon?
21. How much can I drink and drive?
22. What can I do about cars and trucks parked in front of my house?