508 Eastview Court
Recycling: (573) 243-5691
Center Open: Monday through Saturday, excluding City holidays.
Regular Hours of Operation: 8 AM - 5 PM (M-F), 8 AM - 5 PM (Saturday)
Winter Hours (November through March): 8 AM - 5 PM (M-F), 9 AM - 1 PM (Saturday)
Schedule changes for Recycling Center and solid waste pickup are noted on monthly utility bills.
MAP SHOWING ROUTE TO RECYCLING CENTER
Clean up - Fix up Week - June 1-5
E-cycle Day - June 20, 2015
Customer Appreciation Day - To Be Announced
NO DROP-OFF OF RECYCLABLES IF CENTER IS CLOSED.
Operated by the Sanitation Department, the center is open to residents of Jackson and surrounding communities. In general, plastics, metal, cardboard, paper, and glass containers are accepted at the center. E-waste is collected for handling by Midwest Recycling. There is a charge for televisions; monitor disposal is free. Please review the E-cycle flyer to determine what is accepted. To avoid delay and prevent refusal of materials at the center, please review the guidelines below for what items are suitable for regular recycling and what preparation steps are necessary for acceptance of materials.
Reminders for preparation of recyclables:
- Cans, bottles, and jars must be rinsed thoroughly prior to drop-off.
- Labels and caps DO NOT need to be removed prior to drop-off.
- Remove items from bags BEFORE placing in containers at center.
- TRASH BAGS, WET PAPER/CARDBOARD, DRINKING GLASSES, LIGHT BULBS, WINDOWS/AUTO GLASS, ASH TRAYS, OR OTHER TEMPERED GLASS, AND CERAMICS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Plastics accepted (containers are usually type-marked on bottom): #1 PET (soda bottles), #2 HDPE neutral and colored (grocery sacks), #3 through #7 HDPE (mustard bottles, bubble wrap)
- Paper and cardboard accepted: Newsprint, magazines, office paper, and junk mail, Corrugated and non-corrugated
- Glass (clear or colored) accepted: Bottles, Jars
- Metal accepted: Tin, steel cans, Aluminum cans, Aluminum foil
Questions? Call Public Works at (573) 243-2300.