The City of Jackson Recycling Center is located at 508 Sawyer Lane (formerly Eastview Court). Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday (excluding City holidays).
Regular Hours: 8 AM-5PM (Monday - Saturday)
Winter Hours (November-March): 8 AM-5 PM (Monday - Friday), 9 AM-1 PM (Saturday)
Accepted recyclables and preparation guidelines:
- Recyclables are accepted from Jackson citizens and the surrounding area.
- Electronic waste (electronics, appliances) is accepted at the center. There is currently a charge for televisions:
- $20 for 26" or less CRT TVs
- $40 for 27" or greater CRT TVs
- $50 for all console/big screen/projection TVs.
- Any charges are subject to change without notice.
- In general, cardboard, paper, metal, glass containers, and plastic containers are accepted.
- STYROFOAM IS NOT ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING.
- Paper and cardboard must be dry.
- TRASH BAGS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- GLASS NOT ACCEPTED - DRINKING GLASSES, LIGHT BULBS, WINDOWS/AUTO GLASS, ASH TRAYS, TEMPERED GLASS, CERAMICS
- All containers must be rinsed thoroughly prior to drop-off. Labels and caps can be left on.
- Remove items from bags before placing in the appropriate containers at the center.
- Questions? E-mail Public Works or call 573-243-2300.